Friday, June 27, 2014

Heart

What a bumpy past couple of days it has been for this Wide Eyed Little Lady...

Last Thursday around 10:30 I received a startling phone call from the Husband. He proceeded to tell me that his father had been admitted to the hospital late last night with chest pain. (I being the early to bed, early to rise person that I am missed all the commotion). After being at the hospital for nearly 12 hours the hospital deemed that Brad (father-in-law extraordinaire) was having a heart attach (second one within 14 months). The reason this is so startling is because Nathan's grandpa, at the ripe age of 63, died from heart failure after his 3rd heart attach. 

Nathan so unsettled by the news had to have his mother inform me that his dad was finally going under. My eyes began to swell with tears and my voice cracking as she handed the phone to Brad so I could say "I love you". As we get off the phone I immediately drop to my knees and bow my head to pray. I could barely organize my thoughts to start off my prayer, but as I continued I felt more at ease and felt such a strong presence there with me. 

I rushed off to the hospital, not forgetting to stop off at Nielson's Frozen Custard to pick up some Carmel Cashew. I arrived just as Brad was getting out. While waiting for the doctor, Brad still a little groggy from surgery he still managed to crack a couple of jokes about his condition. His sense of humor is awful but I am so grateful for it. After a couple of hours the doctor comes in and explains that he had a tear/crack in the previous stent that they had put in his artery and it caused another blockage. To remedy the situation they ended up putting another stent on top of the first one! The doctor also informed us that from the time he was omitted to the time he went in for surgery he had 4 "mini infarctions"!

It is a week later and I am glad to see that my father-in-law is heeding the doctors advice and taking things slow. Brad is such a determined man and I know that he won't let this stop him. I am so thankful for the example he sets and am hoping to have him around for many more years to come. Please keep him in your hearts as we pray for a clean bill of health.

Until next time...
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment